10 reasons to throw a super bowl party.
*in my honest + personal opinion.
1. to have a valid + great reason to cook +
devour enjoy a whole spread of “comfort” food [aka: foods you shouldn’t eat daily. or so they say].
2. to piggy back on #1, little smokies!! [or cocktail sausage, whichever you prefer]. just two ingredients and a crock pot – have you met an easier appetizer? *don’t forget the toothpicks.
3. to watch the puppy bowl + kitty halftime show on animal planet with other humans. which will obviously fill your living room with “awe’s” and the desire in each of your guests to add another furbaby to their families.
4. dressing up is not required. this is one party you’ll casually host in a tee shirt. sign me up.
5. a good reason to have a cocktail party with your friends. bonus: scheduled entertainment.
6. you need someone(s) to discuss the good, bad, and ugly commercials with. [I’m partial to the budwesier commercials; using cute puppies in ad campaigns is brilliant].
7. a great way to finally peer-pressure + trick yourself into cleaning your place. [we all know post-holidays winter hibernation is a real thing].
8. left-overs, left-overs, left-overs!! [this does not exclude the adult beverages].
9. so you have people to talk to + keep you entertained while you’re waiting for the
commercials football game to come back on.