for some, fall arrives with the highly anticipated return of the pumpkin spice latte. I determine the arrival of fall when the first pumpkin beer hits shelves. when it comes to seasonal brews, fall takes the cake. my suggestion: try them all. no really. trips to the beer aisle this time of year involve me picking out one of each pumpkin + oktoberfest beer, to create a very random but seasonally-appropriate selection. how else do you determine your favorites?
fall beer list.
• goose island autumn ale | chicago, IL.
• left hand brewing company oktoberfest | longmont, CO.
• new belgium pumpkick | fort collins, CO.
• sierra nevada oktoberfest | chico, CA.
• schlafly pumpkin ale | st. louis, MO.
• exile oktoberfest | des moines, IA.
I would strongly encourage adding a cinnamon sugar rim to your glass. it’ll make your pumpkin beer even more delicious. (add it to your oktoberfest, too). I just mix up a small plate of cinnamon + sugar. and on another small plate, put a small amount of pumpkin spice liquor. dip the glass in liquor, then swirl around in the sweet.
what side are you on: pumpkin latte or pumpkin beer? (or both). what is your favorite fall beer?