christmas is a mere six days away.
and I’ve officially entered into a holiday trance.
- you can’t think of anything else besides the gifts you still need to buy.
- you spend the majority of your time on pinterest looking for appetizer recipes for the parties you’re attending.
- you only want to consume ‘winter foods,’ like chili
even though it was 48°/practically a heatwave yesterday.
- eggnog replaces milk
- peppermint schnapps & baileys become the most important bottles of booze in your house.
- you refuse to buy beer that doesn’t sport a holiday-themed label.
- when you get home you change immediately into your flannel pajamas & matching socks. tis the season.
- you alternate between the hallmark channel & ABC family [because they play the BEST holiday movies] and you forget other channels exist.
- every time you look at snow, you break out into song .. “oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful. and since we’ve no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow”.
- you completely abandon your daily routine, and swap black coffee with a venti gingerbread mocha. tis the season.
- the first thing you do in the morning is plug in your christmas tree. heck the sun is hidden by 100 ‘we might snow’ clouds, so it’s practically dark out.
- you want to stay in your pajamas and sleep all day, because you’ve worked really hard this semester & pulled 3 all-nighters, you deserve it. oh wait, that was just a 4-year teaser of the time you wish you had off during the holidays.
- you feel full of love, gratitude, and candy canes.
- and a strong desire to just celebrate.
now that all of you know where my heads at. and you can probably relate.
just give in.
crank up the christmas tunes. turn on your twinkly lights. and make yourself a drink, or two.
spiked eggnog // use spiced rum or cafe patron.
irish candy cane // just baileys, peppermint schnapps, & a dash of cinnamon.
happy thursday all.
tomorrow is friday!