today, I am share with you 5 bullet points that highlight my life, as of lately.
• our pantry looks like the local candy store decided to transform it into their holiday candy aisle. that’s all I can compare it to. I haven’t seen that much candy at a residence since ..ever. but the gingerbread houses were so much fun to decorate, so it’s all good. I’ll just be hiding candy in my coworker’s offices until 2016.
• I’m contemplating creating an instagram account for Sir Rigby [our
furbaby cat]. mostly because I have the urge to once a day post a photo of him, at least. but since he doesn’t have thumbs, I’d have to run his instagram for him. and let’s be honest ..I can barely keep up with mine. so for now you can see appearances of him here.
• the husband + I are going strong with our holiday countdown, #12daysofLLinaBC. so far we’ve decorated gingerbread houses, made a large pot of chili, and baked three different kinds of christmas cookies. our holiday lights drive was postponed, due to an uncharacteristically, out of season, full day of
torrential downpours. the rain has given way to freezing cold temperatures, so we’ll get it back on our calendar soon. tonight we’re excited to do nothing but curl up on the couch and watch christmas vacation. [it’s [J]’s favorite holiday movie].
• as newlyweds, we felt it completely necessary to start our new life together with a waffle maker. as any couple should do. for our first time using it, we made cinnamon roll waffles. which again, any couple should do. but the kicker comes at clean up time ..did you know ..according to the instructions you should clean the grooves with q-tips! it is a good thing I just had a delicious breakfast, otherwise I would’ve thrown our new waffle maker + a handful of q-tips out the window. or something like that.
• I couldn’t be more excited that we get to see both of our families over the holidays [mine this weekend, [J]’s next]. but traveling this time of year always makes me anxious. please do not snow until we get to our destination. thinking of that reminded me of a post in my archives: 15 things I’d rather do than drive through a winter storm.
have the best thursday.
this is your friendly reminder: christmas is one week from today. don’t panic. the gifts will buy + wrap themselves.