if you ask me the one food I have never + will never like, I’ll answer “tomatoes”. I’ve given them countless chances, mostly to my grandmother’s satisfaction. I just can’t. for that reason, I steered clear of bloody marys for the majority of my adult life. until one painful hangover, a delicious brunch location, and a look at the cocktail + snack combo for me to give in. it’s rather genius. so much flavor + spice and essentially an appetizer all in one. now that I’m over the fear of it being merely tomato juice in a glass, I’ve identified ten ingredients that make a quick, easy + crowd-pleasing bloody mary bar.
make your own bloody mary bar.
what you’ll need ..
• good vodka | you can even get a little crazy and use a flavored vodka. think jalapeno or olive + rosemary.
• your favorite bloody mary mix | although you can create your own from scratch, I’d rather spend my time plotting my
snack garnishes. my go to bloody mary mix is zing zang.
• lemons + limes
• dill pickles | I opt for the large spears. it’ll serve as another stirrer and soak up more deliciousness.
• olives | not my fave
or even close but necessary, right? you can get fancy + purchase or make stuffed olives. jalapeno-stuffed possibly?
• pepperoncini peppers
• cheese | you could go for mini mozzarella balls or cheddar squares. when in doubt, go for both!
• beef sticks | for a reason I am unsure of, I prefer these over a strip of cooked bacon. maybe because it doesn’t require cooking? regardless, include a meat selection in your bloody mary bar. like shrimp, pepperoni, or a chicken wing.
• flavored salt rim | you can make your own blend, or three. maybe salt + garlic powder? or a meat rub? I used this cowboy rub.