whether we’re driving two hours or flying 13 hours to china, snacks are a very important part of our travels. I thoroughly enjoy a good snack, but with a toddler in tow.. snacks become mandatory. but these, these are the “adult” picks (even though our toddler would devour all of them – chocolate especially).
the best travel snacks from trader joe’s.
I could wander the aisles of trader joe’s for hours. they continuously come out with new items and have so many great snack options. (I took all of these on our trip to china in september, minus the laughing cow cheese). as you can see from the selection, I’m not much of a savory snacker. if you are, they have plenty of delicious options for your palate. like scrumptious chips, puffcorn + nut mixes. with that in mind, here are a few of my favorite staples.
• milk chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels | I swear by these. I also think peanut butter + chocolate is thee most magical flavor combinations.
• dark chocolate covered honey grahams with sea salt | if it says “chocolate covered,” I’m probably buying it.
• soft strawberry licorice twists | the package says “we source our licorice from a family owned company in new zealand”. let me assure you, this family knows how to make licorice. (they have black licorice too, if you’re into that).
• just mango slices | “ingredients: dried mangos”.
• scandinavian swimmers | they’re like swedish fish, but have more flavors + sea creatures to choose from.
• rainbows end trail mix | I am admittedly a child and think trail mix should include chocolate, so there’s that. this mix has peanuts, almonds, raisins + chocolate covered candies.
• pretzel slims | I’m partial to the “everything” flavor + I eat these daily. as in I take them as a snack to work, so GOOD!
• the laughing cow creamy swiss triangles | pairs very well with the pretzel slims
• ginger chews | ginger is good for you + these chews claim to be a “soothing travel treat – good for all modes of travel & activity”. so, they come with us on all trips, long or short. they’re EXTRA chewy. (watch out for any dental work).